Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm officially on holidays. WooHoo!!!! SO what did I do for my first day of rest. Well I did ride. Had to drop my work truck in to the shop for some service so threw the TT bike in. I figured I better get a few k's on it and make sure everything is feeling perfect before provincial championships next weekend.

My knees have been bothering me a bit the last couple days. I don't think I was anywhere near recovered from that adventure race. Awww well things heal. But with the feeling from the knees I knew the bike wasn't right. I have a minor tweak to do at the seat. I did do a short TT on the Tri clubs old route. Pulled a 37km average for one loop which is just a hair over 15 km. I know I will have to maintain longer but I'm not to concerned. My heart rate wasn't anywhere near my normal race pace.

So from there I came home and started cleaning. Not bikes but the house. We have had such amazing weather all summer and with all the races and training the house was in need. It wasn't bad but I'm a boarder line clean freak. Not enough that I need medication. Most that know me have never ever seen my bikes dirty unless its during the race. Well I like to keep the house as clean but its just not as fun doing this job as tuning a road or mountain bike.

Provincial Time Trial Championships are still not 100 percent for me. I'm going because I'm bringing Brent down. I guess you could say I'm his cycling coach. I'll be registered but if the body is saying no I will sit on the sidelines with a camera. I still have 3 more major races left which are much more important to me. Alright since I'm holidays I'm going to get a few beers into me. I'll be out with the club tomorrow morning for a easy group ride.

No comments: