Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Decisions, decisions. I'm debating about racing this weekend. I really want to do this event, 1:its a charity race, 2: its 100km of single track with no laps, 3 the weather looks awesome for the weekend. Why am I debating you ask. Well the legs, knees and back are still sore but are recovering quickly but I still have the Hardwood 8 hour on my mind. This was the main focus for September and i really want to do well there. I know that this 100km will take roughly 6.5 to 7 hours looking at last years results and some data off my GPS from other races.

I was out for a recovery ride last night. Still cool when I see and average speed of 27km/h and my heart rate average was 101. No there wasn't any climbing yesterday. This week is basically yoga, hot tub, laser and rest. Of course the weather is going to be awesome and it would be great to do some night rides. I've also not heard from Dave at Georgian Cycle with status of my NRS1 Hopefully he didn't find anymore damage that what I did.

I guess the other reason I'm debating is that its a 3 plus hour drive down to this race on Friday night, camp out, race the next day and then debate on driving back or camping again. I guess I'm looking forward to a couple mellow weekends of rest once the season is over. A trip to Killarney is defiantly on the agenda once racing is down. Get up there to see the fall colours and get some great hiking and paddling in.

If I don't race I'll preride the 8 hour course on Saturday and then go on the big group mtb ride planned for Sunday. I'll decide tomorrow. Right now I need to go stretch before work.

1 comment:

the original big ring said...

if you do come, bring my socks and Tanya's stuff.
word