Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The weekend is coming. The race is one thing but I need to remind everyone of something that is so important to me. With what I've gone through in the past this Sunday means more to me than any race. The annual Terry Fox Run is on and I'm hoping everyone will be at their local event.

I have alot of respect for people that have dealt with cancer and survived. We have some great people that have helped the cause like Lance Armstrong. I respect the fact of what he has accomplished in cycling and in his personal life but I consider Terry Fox a hero. He has been listed as the Greatest Canadian and I think that is an understatement to what results his initial idea have brought.

I've read a few books on him and every time I do it makes me think of what I was like at the age he did his Marathon of Hope. Hell all I cared about was getting into some beers and chasing women. He was looking at making a difference. It was the impacted book I've ever read. He made us all look at ourselves on what we have done and what we are capable of accomplishing. He's first foot steps have have made a difference in millions of lives. Cancer has affected my life with both my father and grandmother. Its a cruel disease that doesn't care age, race, sex. Because of Terry's dream people have survived this disease. There is hope.

I hope that everyone will take some time out of their busy lives and put a few foot steps in this Sunday.