Saturday, September 8, 2007

Back from the Provincials. I'm kinda wishing I would have competed but I think it was the right decision to skip it. It was a new experience though. Brent being a junior has to have gear restrictions. At first know one explained anything to me on what was happening with his bike setup. Finally talked to someone from OCA and they really explained alot. Juniors are only allowed to have a maximum gear ration of 52-14. Concerns of joint damage which does make sense. With this rule it forced us to lock out 2 of his gears giving him a final drive of 53-15. What did this mean. He ran out of gear and was spinning at 115rpm. He did really well though for first time event. Lots of fast riders there.

Brandon started a couple hours later and hammered right out of the block. He left harder than everyone. He had a great result also finishing 13th in Elite Men. The course was different than in previous years and was hillier causing slower times. Still both of them did well.




As for me. Well I did ride for all of about 15 minutes with Brent during his warm up. The knees are feeling a bit better already with a little less grinding. I just finished a round of the laser and will be in the hot tub tonight. It so strange not being on the bike. In a week from now the rest will pay off. Time to relax

No comments: