Wednesday, September 5, 2007




VROOM VROOM. Well that's what I was hoping the engine would sound like. The bike is ready to roll. Thanks to the Keens for the Hed wheels. I'm excited just looking at it and from the insight I got on the course, I should be more than capable of running in the low to mid 40's average. To bad I'm not going to race. I've been watching my legs and knees and I'm going to go to the Provincial TT Championships as a coach and a spectator.

I have been debating the last 3-4 days about it and kept saying to myself, "get registered just in case. It's only an hour or less, you have lots of time to recover before the 100km race" and so on. I've been taking it easy with some long slow paced rides but things just don't feel right. The final decision came last night riding with Greg and the crew from Nebs in Copeland Forrest. It was an easy pace for me but I could feel my legs just did'nt have that extra kick. Plus my knees were achy this morning, its raining which doesn't help but I think its the best thing. So the TT bike will stay home this weekend and I'll bring the road bike and my camera.

It was a great ride last night and its great to see the enthusiasm of newer riders. Sometimes being to focused on training and hammering in the trails can almost take the fun out of it. To just ride and screw around is so needed from time to time. Stopping at a long stunt to see who can go the farthest etc. Stuff that when your preped for racing you look at as something that would slow you down and you just hop it and start sprinting again.

Now not all is lost. There is a cool 60k race in 2 weeks over in Collingwood which I think I'll do. It goes through some of my favorite areas like 3 stage. So the master plan for now. NO bike lots of rest and stretching. I'll be doing a bike check with Brent tomorrow but I will not push at all. Hell put on the Triple ring and leave that shifter alone. Naw not that bad. The one good thing with this decision is that I can let Dr. Cameron beat the crap out of my legs on Friday. I['ll give him the run down of my revised race schedule and see what he can do to have me ready.

On another note, my race NRS is back and in good shape. After that famed mechanical when I crossed the line at Hot August Nights there was no major damage. I'm going to try a couple things for the 60km race to see if the adjustments will help my hands.
Day two of my holidays, time for another coffee.

No comments: