Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bailed on the trail ride tonight. Its been pouring all day and I've got the race bike ready for the weekend. Don't feel like cleaning it again. It would have been a mellow ride with the boys but I opted for the rollers to do some controlled spinning. Spent an hour on them and things started to really feel good after about 20 minutes. This just means a really good warm up on Saturday. The knees are feeling better every day.

Brandon is now racing this weekend. Its nice to know a few competitors. I've been checking the map along with the elevation of the course. Its going to be a tough start with some big climbs in the first 10 km. Good way to split everyone up. Fueling is going to be about my only issue. There are 2 feed stations, I hate racing with a camelback so it will be 2 bottles. I'll have to hit one of them its just the decision of when. I'm estimating this race to take just over 3 hours.

Mellow tonight, physio tomorrow and riding at Mountainview on Thursday evening just to get a bit of bike feel back. If things go well this weekend I will pickup the riding intensity next week.

No comments: