Thursday, September 6, 2007

I don't know what to do with myself. I want to ride but I keep saying NO NO NO. Then I hear my knees pop and that thought of riding is out of my mind. I'll spend an hour today doing yoga. I'll bring a bike to the TT's just to get around the course but I'll keep the riding to a minimal.

That dam 10km trail run is the root cause of this. Anytime I get anything strange with my knees I'm always concerned. One surgery was enough. There is no pain which is a very good thing but and its not bothering me on the bike but a good week of rest will really help. I'll probably not do any real rides till the middle of next week. By then I will probably be walking on the ceiling with pent up energy.

I'm thinking the rest will be well worth it now with the revised race schedule. 5 weeks of racing left for this season. I'm going to limit how much running I do during the off season and it will definatly be limited to the road. I will be getting ready for x-c skiing though. The main plan focus for this year will be the Mountainview 24 hour x-c ski race. Yep a winter 24 hour race and it will definatly be a solo event for me this year. Last year I'd considered it solo but with the lack of snow all the way into the middle of January and still being a fairly new skier my lack of base training put me onto a 4 person team.

This year will be different. I'm set up with a set of rollerskis which I will start playing on after the last bike race. With our Tay Trail complete I have 30km of perfect pavement to train on to get my skating technique up to par and get the base training in during the fall. 24 hours of skiing is in most cases harder than a 24 hour on a bike. Even gliding your still using energy to stand so it will defintaly be great prep for next years season. I will be spending alot more time on the rollers this winter also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you wax your roller skis with?

Matt Spak said...

sweat. its great grip