Friday, September 14, 2007

Went to MountainView tonight to get the legs warmed up and the eyes in line. Took a little to get that bike feel back. I haven't ridden any real single track since Hot August Nights so it took a few km's to get the feel back. Took the Molly monster with me since she needed a good run. The bike felt good and gave it a last once over and cleaning. You know the season is coming to end when there are a ton of sticks and crap all over the trails. The gunk in the drivetrain showed it. The legs took a bit to get going but climbing didn't feel all that bad. I will defiantly be taking up to an hour to warm up.

This event is sounding really cool but there are few things that I'm still not to impressed with. We register at one site then have to drive to the race start and leave are cars there. Now at the finish they have arranged for transportation back to our cars. this isn't to bad but we have to leave our bikes in a secured location. they have a few different time frames for the buses back to the cars but it still comes back to: 1 leaving my bike, 2 the awards are in the middle of the
2nd bus run and 3 having to come back afterward to pick up the bike in the village.

I've been studying the course map and I'm pretty much planning on finishing the race and riding back to the car. I've figured that I should be done at least an hour before the first bus back to the start line is ready to roll and the distance to the cars looks like only about 30km. I'm going to drive the route I would ride back on the way out to eh start line. If I knew how long the ride was exactly I would be inclined to park at the finish line and use the ride out as a warm up. Its still very tempting. With the combination of road and double track sections in this event I'm figuring it should take me just over 3 hours to do the 60km. I'm bringing my friend Brandon out with me also. I guess I'm pretty much stuck driving since the warm up might be to much for him. He is prepping for Ironman so maybe.

The logistics for next weekend 100km race are start to come together also. More on that later in the week. This weekend will be nuts with the race, then a concert followed by the Terry Fox Run. Sunday afternoon will be spent sitting on a chair in the back yard relaxing.

No comments: