Monday, September 24, 2007

Went out on the road bike tonight for some intervals. I haven't done much since Hot August Nights and I really needed to see where the knees are. There were some good and bad results to this ride. The legs and lungs felt good. All the rest have been beneficial BUT the knees are still not good. I've got the laser on the right knees as I'm typing this. Still popping alot and the only cure will be rest. Well that's 2 weeks away.

So the latest update for racers. One is out a couple other fast guys in. I was disappointed to find out that Dave Stowe is out. Sounds like the Dirty Enduro was really demanding. The back to back long racers can really knock the shit out of you. I'm thinking that not racing this weekend was a good thing. Craig (Big Ring) hasn't posted a report yet. No results up yet either.

Matt Wynen from Cambridge Cycle is in now. I've raced with him before and I 'll be watching him. This is a course that there is no disadvantage being on a single speed. The big threat will be Andrew House. He has one before. This guy has gotten really fast in the last couple years. Its looking like a tough event. Good.

I'm thinking that this will be a race of major control. There are a couple O cup guys that will go full out and hope to hold on and then there are a few 24 hour racers who will get into a great pace and just maintain. I'll be going full out on the first lap just to deal with that section of single track where people will get stalled up. From there things should spread out quickly. Hopefully they don't do the 10 minute behind start like they did at Mansfield.

No comments: