Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting a little concerned. Bike is not ready. Having issues with the rear wheel and of course since nothing is standard on a Mavic Crossmax hoping the parts will be in in time. Worst case is running my xt wheel and that leaves me with no back up bike. Not that the bike should be an issue for anything else BUT you never know.

The second problem. The knees are not getting better, had a massage tonight and tore apart the I.T. bands. Laser is going at them, ice etc. I also have a physical job which means no rest for them at work either. Advil will be my best friend for this race. I'm off the bike till the race. I know that there will be no permanent damage done and the biggest cure is rest, then rebuilding all stabilizers.

What I have is basically called runners knee. Over use is the main cause. I'm also dealing major muscle imbalance which throws the patella of track when I bend my knee. The result is inflammation and a ton of clicking and popping. I know I will be sore on Sunday. I see Dr. Cameron on the Monday after the race. Will start making the plan for recovery then. All back to that dam adventure race and the trail run. Aww well live, learn, don't do it again next season.

later

1 comment:

the original big ring said...

give up the running - it's for suckas.

my bike is in pieces too right now - waiting for parts - ahh well, I need a little break from the bike