Monday, September 10, 2007

The Keen 60km race is on. Registered today. I'm really looking forward to this event. Being only 60km its basically a sprint for me. I'll just start warming up when I cross the finish line. My legs are feeling alot better and the knees are coming along also. I spent 45 minutes on the rollers today just to get the legs moving. I think this is the least amount of riding I've done all year. I've noticed that I've put on a couple pounds because of it. I'll lose them in a week, no worries.

This race should be fun. They have it gong through 2 awesome trail systems, one of them being 3 stage which I know inside and out. There are some nasty rock sections and some fast rolling single track. They have projected the course to be 60% single track and the rest a mix of double track and country lanes and gravel roads. Means some big ring sprinting. I'll be studying the map closely since I won't have a chance to preride the course. There will be a good fast section from the end of 3 stage down to the resort finish line. Should be interesting.

I'm still keeping my riding to a minimum this week to give my knees as much time to heal. I see Dr. Cameron mid week for some more abuse. As long as it works I'm happy.

No comments: