Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy, busy busy

The weekend was a blur, this is my first official weekend with no racing, no training, no schedule. Yep, you know what happens, I jam packed it.

Saturday morning was spent consuming more than needed amounts of coffee before putting the Molly Monster in the car and heading over to Duntroon to watch the Hillbilly Hustle cross race. Mr. Watson had his game face on took the win for the 3x time. Check out the story here.

Of course this was not with out a whole bunch of other things happening while the race was on. Got bugged my a few Mountainview CC member on my lack of bike on the car just after arrival. The other big thrill was the reminder on how fast Mother Nature can turn mad. A storm came in with a vengeance just as the Elite's were finishing. It went from rainbows and butterflies to hey is that a house in the air in a matter of minutes. Hung out with a few of the crew from Misfit and Bikesport along with the Vegan Vagabond who was making her cross debut. Lots of bikes, racing, venue etc talk. The best way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

The late afternoon was spent consuming beer and painting. Yes, they go hand in hand and one is shitty to do with out the other. Woke up with a bit of a funny feeling, not sure if it was the beer or the paint fumes. Hungover or stoned either way my body is not used to either so I gobbled down some food, chugged down some more coffee, loaded up the Blue single speed, the Molly Monster and headed to the trails off the 8th.

There was a break in the weather, the sun came out so I had to get out for a good spin. The long range of the weather shows rain rain and more rain so I couldn't resist. As for the single speed choice. Both Anthem's are clean and will pretty much be put away for the rest of the year. Any potential races will either be on the cross bike or one of the single speeds.

My strained chest muscle is finally feeling close to back to normal, breathing is much easier, finally!!! I can still feel that my body is a little tired and seeing the numbers after the ride on the heart rate monitor is backed up my thoughts. I know stop looking, have fun, just ride.

Now the highlight and I will be expecting lots of thank you's. I put the winter wheels on the Element today. Why, because it was dry and I don't want to do this in the pouring rain. Second, last year in mid October we got that wonderful slushy rain and the Element is nothing like the Audi in those condition. Add summer tires and lets just say I was a hair bit nervous. It's a great work vehicle and sometimes I wish I would have bought the awd version. So why am I saying that you should say thank you. I'm over prepared, it's like when you buy a new snow blower and it doesn't snow much for the year. The tires are on, it's going to get warm and wonderful if Murphy's law can out whit Mother Nature.

Oh, the dinning room came out awesome, next up the living room

No comments: