Thursday, October 22, 2009

home for a rest

Happy to say that my coach will be heading back up this way in the very near future. This will also mean a couple short term room mates. Wow flashbacks to my early 20's where all that is in the fridge was beer and in the cupboards was Kraft dinner. Well it will be far from that.

Heather and Jason will be bringing themselves and their kids (dog and cat) back to the center of the mountain biking world in Ontario. Ok maybe I think this area is the center but maybe its just east of center. Maybe I need more coffee. It will make it a little interesting around here for a couple months till they buy their house.

It will be right about the time that I start to pick up the training again full force. So right now I'm gorging on beer, wine and apparently my girl friend is trying to fatten me up with baked goods. My total OCD mindset is like on the bike when it comes to food. Don't stop until they are done!!! I had cupcakes for breakfast a few days ago. Her comment, it's not November yet it's allowed. How many pounds can someone put on in 10 days?? Hopefully not many.

Finished up two bikes last night and the NRS is on the stand to be finished up tonight. Still lots to do around the house but this time of the year really sucks the motivation out of someone. Dark till it's almost time to go to work, dark not to long after I'm done work. Cold, wet, sunless days. Trees looking dead. ARGGGGG stop it. happy thoughts, happy thoughts. Puppy dogs, carbon frames, beer, single track. Much better.

Things to do, coffee to drink, bikes to build. Happier post tomorrow, promise

No comments: