Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shaking already

This attempt to stay off the bike for at least two full weeks is already giving me the shakes. Last night would have been a perfect temperature for a night ride. The leaves are falling quickly leading to the fact that winter is on its way and all trails will be hidden, roads will become slippery and the only dirt I will see is on the floor of the wood storage room.

Mother Nature is helping out, saw the long range rain report. Something to be said about snow, at least you don't get wet in it. Well at least the house will be clean. How do you stop a busy body from being a busy body? Any suggestions? I feel guilty sitting on the couch doing nothing. There are a few more renos on the house that are due including a new setup for storing bikes. The basement is already filling in and the thoughts of a bmx has been crossing my mind.

BMX you say, flash backs to my youth and what got me originally into cycling. It also got me into smoking cigarettes but that is a whole different story. In my late teens I quit one and stuck hard and fast to the other. Then 8 years ago it was falling off the wagon for the bike and putting cigarettes where they belong. Back to why do I want a bmx. For this.

I've been thinking steady about what type of bike I want to bring down to this place. My 29er SS would not be fun, to slow and heavy. My carbon HT SS which I think will be rebuilt as a geared bike, well it's a race bike not bad but not perfect. The Anthem's totally overkill and would rather not take a chance crashing either one out. Do I by a cheap free ride or street bike like a STP or a Nummers? Well it's money that would spend more time sitting in the basement collecting dust. I just want something fun with flat pedals. There is a guy with a ton of used bikes near my place. Think I'm going to stop in for a visit.

Like when I quit smoking, trying to stay off the bike I need to be heavily distracted with other things. What do I distract myself with? More bike stuff. Am I weak? Do I not have self control? I can play with bikes but just can't pedal one that's the rule. Could I do it?

Work time, gotta roll, opps meant walk.

Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt, what happened to Andrew Parry? He seems to have fallen off the bike radar this year after doing the 100miler. Blog is gone. Website is gone. Don't hear of him racing. Is he still in the scene?