Sunday, October 25, 2009

This and that

I'm still working on the save the world with your appliance post. It will be up soon but I've been crazy busy so instead of standing on the soap box to put my spiel out there I've been using it to put a new roof on the shop. The deadlines before the snow come seems to be coming way to quickly.

Speaking of snow, at a place that is know for skiing there is going to be a mountain bike nonrace hosted by the favorite taunter of many next month. Check this out. Hmmm tempting, with the weather we have been having though I think I may pack my skis and snowshoes right beside the bike. This will also be the place to play with the now finished Giant NRS-1speed.

As for the training front, well it's been one full week since I've ridden a bike. It feels like a month, the lack of any really exercise over the last week has also made me very aware of what I am eating. For some reason 4 plus meals a day is not recommended when you are not training. A creature of habit I always find my self wanting to nibble away at something that is in my cupboards but need to remind myself that I'm not burning it off. So I get a beer instead. It won't be hard loosing anything I put on in the fall.

Time on the bike will start to increase again, the Monday Night Something crew will start meeting again on Monday's for snowshoeing instead of on Friday's and Saturday's for beer. My xc skis will get some good miles put into them this year. With my knees feeling fantastic I'll be good to go with a lot more skate skiing this year. Of course having my coach living in my house will also put me in check. HMMMM maybe I should be binge eating for the month of November.

As for the rest of this weekend, heading out shortly with the kids. Ok, I mean the dogs. The Molly Monster needs the run, Mom's dog is doing a hang out with me for the day and I'm picking up my lady friend's dog for an adventure up at McCrae Lake. I don't know who needs the exercise more, me or the dogs. Pictures if any are taken will go up when I get back. Just imagine, leafless trees, muddy trail, cold temperatures, and no tourists. Wow, I'm motivated.

Later

2 comments:

Peter Keiller said...

new contest for the event.

BEST SPAK STORY.

you will be eligible. of course.
but i think EVERYONE in ontario, friend or otherwise, will have a brilliant Spak story to share.

now you have to come.
make sure you plan on spending the night.
and bring your support crew...i KNOW their stories will be awesomer.

Matt Spak said...

Yep, I'm going to be booking a room and buying a beer to the person who can come up with the best Spak story of the night.

I think Peter will probably get it so the challenge is out there.

Of course i'm going to have to try and top what ever is said.