Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Into the wild?? The Ontario edition

Well I'm starting to really get back in the rhythm. Not the longest rides at this point but getting out to play. It was finally not raining and being dark well before my bed time I pulled out my lights for a little adventure.

Headed out for a little warm up on that fun little loop I found yesterday. I was still smiling, I think I may need to make a few add ons in the spring. Back out on the atv trails I hit into the power lines. Light were running full force at this point. Completely forgot how bright the Maxx D. Didn't ride much in the line of technical, not by choice, more because I've never ridden this area. Ya I know lame, not riding in my backyard full of dirt. Had I, I would have come across this much sooner.


I thought about moving in for the winter but flash backs to the film Into the Wild's finally scene kept me riding along with home as my destination. More atv trails that for some reason seemed to have a lot more going down compared to the amount of going up in the first half of the ride. There were some cool berms but way to soft for 2.1's This is the first good night ride I've done in well over a month. I forgot how fun it can be. I also was reminded how fast the temperature drops at this time of the year. My toes were just starting to chill when I spun home on the rail trail.

Some time in Copeland and the 8th line will be in order over the next few weeks. Leaves don't cover the trails as much as snow does.

My thoughts about this weekend's 50km race. I'm 50/50 on the race and I'm 50/50 on which bike, single speed or Anthem. The 29er is out no matter what, needs a good tune up. My new reminder of how much I love full suspension has me really thinking about saying screw it to my original thought of those being away for the rest of the year. I'll decide on both Ummm soon I guess.

No comments: