Friday, October 9, 2009

It's not about the bike, for a change

I had the greatest intentions to go for a ride yesterday after work. Watched the clouds roll in, walked in the door, looked at the mess in the living room and said screw it. Cracked open a beer and started putting my house back in order. More on that in a moment.

Normally I would be feeling guilty about not riding, I've been on the bike twice since the 8 hour which seems so long ago. It was 2 weeks ago that's it. Last year at this time, I'd done a cross race was riding a few times a week. I was also running like made with selling/buying the house and packing. October was a blur of craziness and when November came around and I moved in I get that wonderful email from Heather saying that's it time to start having structure again.

I was in that what??? type mood and said that I didn't really get an off season. Then the reminder came from her that she had me off the bike at the mid of September and was ticked at me for still playing lots. SO!!! this year I'm not feeling guilty in anyway at all for letting all the bikes sit on the rack. Yes I may still do that 50 km race for shits and giggles and there will be some random rides. I think I've said this once or twice already. The more I think it the easier it is to accept right?? More for me than you right??

Back to the disaster house, it was self inflicted. My place is 1930's old and had some 1930's style. Some updates were very much needed but having the time to do it during the summer is almost impossible. This is what the starting point looked like for both my living room and dining room.

Yes. I know. I'm not the flashy,trendy guy but I needed the house a little more me. So this is where I'm at now.





I'm thinking it's a big improvement. Still have lots to do in the house before I'm content. You can tell that Molly is trashed after helping put everything back together. Ok, more from supervising me putting things back together.

The long weekend is coming, lots to do. Some play, some work and maybe maybe some riding

2 comments:

vanderbike said...

I can completely relate Matt. Outside of messing around on a BMX in the parking lot at the shop I haven't been on a bike. I am having those urges, those voices are getting louder. The house looks great! 50km still a possibility, totally dependent on if my frame sells first or not, here hoping it sells. enjoy the weekend

Scott Mac said...

Impressive, great job on the reno's!