Sunday, October 18, 2009

The weekend blur.

My camera is being dumb so I'll get pictures up as soon as I can. Saturday consisted of a very cold road ride. I may not have been out before the sun came up but I was out before it got above freezing. Ran into the winter version of the Mountainview Cycling Club on the cool down section of my ride. The snow dogs were out on the rail trail doing the next best thing to training on the snow. Roller skis, ya I have a pair, they scare me.

Headed to the city in the afternoon to cheer on Andrew. It was pretty amazing watching how fast these guys can go when they bring their A game. Watch the winner catch a pedal while going up hill turning to the inside of a 180 degree turn. Ya, I don't bank my road bike over that far while pedalling on the flats and do that very often let alone going up hill.

Huge congratulations to Andrew for 3rd place, Check out his race report here.

I've learned that as much as my sense of direction is pretty good I can still get messed up trying to get on the 427 from someplace I don't normally go. I also know why I love the 407. 3 dollars versus the stupid traffic jam that I got caught in taking the 401 reminds me that money is easy, time can not be bought back.

Ate, packed my gear for the race, slept. I'll do the run down on the race tomorrow. It was a great event, now I'm officially in the off season. I must make myself not do it, step away from the bike, leave the helmet on the shelf, the gloves in the bin, the water bottles in the cupboards.

More tomorrow morning

No comments: