Friday, October 2, 2009

I did it

I rode my bike for the first time in 5 days. I know pitiful. I even road my cross bike, it's more that my road bike is still wheel less, my race bike is still Hardwood dirty, my second Anthem is way to clean and I just didn't feel like riding a single speed on the road.

I thought it might be important to work on a few cross skills to deal with that "What if" involving cross races. I reminded myself how much a running remount on a non suspension, thinly pad seat is just not the most enjoyable thing to do to yourself. Then there is that running thing, it's only a few steps but still. There is no coasting in running, well there is it's called stopping.

I'm pretty rusty at this point and I don't think it will get much better at this point. I was reminded how fun the cross bike can be as I jumped on some atv trails, and even single track that my road bike would be just crying with the first sign of dirty near it's tires.

My body is still a little mad at me, cold is still there, chest muscle still a little strained so the thought of me racing this weekend is completely out of the question. I'm digging out my pom poms for the sidelines of the HillyBilly Hustle. I just thought of something, I think I'll be leaving the cheering devices at home since I have a strange feeling that there will be a little bit of banjo music going and a potential scene out of Deliverance.

Mother Nature and my coach must be talking to one another. Both seem to want to keep me off the bike as much as possible. The next 6 days are rain and cold, spring and summer this won't stop me. I may actually get stuff done around the house.

Gotta walk!

4 comments:

Scott Mac said...

Yup, make sure you ducktape your underwear to yourself real good! Never know what those hillbilly's with missing front teeth are thinking when they case a sly smile in your direction.

Scott Mac said...

... that's "cast", as in cast a sly smile in your direction.

Vanderbike said...

" Hey boy, you got a real pretty mouth" Those are the words you should be concerned about hearing when at a hill billy ho down. Trust me I know a guy......

Anonymous said...

1) When you remount a cross bike it shouldn't hurt, if it does your doing it wrong. It should feel like warm butter sliding over hot pancakes.

2) Watch out for a guy named Rick by the school bus, i almost cut the course to avoid going behind it last year.

3) If you bring molly, make sure shes ready for an ass whooping.