Friday, October 23, 2009

Can you touch your toes????

One of the most important things I've added to my training in the last few years is yoga. With all this spare time that I supposedly have left over in the day by not riding my bike (ya I'm still trying to find all of it) I'm back to making myself as stretchable/flexible/bendable as I can. Gumby without the funny looking horse.

Last night was the first full session and I forgot how good it feels and how hard some of the posses actually are. This also helps with the focus. Who would have thought that turning left while lifting your arms while arching your back could be so hard, oh ya you need to breath at the same time. Multitasking at its best. It's funny but I've found that you can't focus on anything else except for that pose that you are doing. Great for clearing the mind and not as painful as hill repeats.

On the riding front, nothing happening. A few more to do projects have been taken off the list. Now having a deadline of Heather and Jason moving in along with the fun of Mom selling her house and parts of the business being moved to my place sooner has me going full steam on the house and the shop. This weekend has my shop getting ready for a new steel roof. Anyone want to come help? I have beer!!! With the list of things to do I think I'll be counting down till I do start training again. I think it will be easier.

I think it might be time for another appliance story. HMMMM After the don't throw out your fridge because it's bad what can I go to next. How about how to really save energy. It has to do with your dirty underwear.

It's Friday, it's raining, time for work.

1 comment:

Scott Mac said...

You ride a Giant Anthem X - that's your funny looking horse!