Thursday, October 1, 2009

I feel dirty

I talked about it, I joked about it, I thought about it but I had not yet done it. Until last night. My plans for the first two weeks after racing. I'm still a little disgusted about it. Dinner last night consisted of 2 beers and one big bag of potato chips. I'd joked saying that I would live on chips, sausages and beer for a full two weeks, I don't think I could do it. My body would rebel so badly. Well at least I know.

I have still not touched a bike since the 8 hour, I haven't even cleaned my race bike. It's still hanging on the stand. Weekend project since I will have lots of energy because I will not be racing. Spectated more than likely. My cold is still lingering but the strained muscle in my chest is taking it's sweet ass time healing. Who would have thought that coughing could pull a muscle.

So now that I've laid the ground work for the O-cup series what is going to be my focus for 2010. Pretty simple to figure it out, more than likely it will be the 8 hour format. I will still do at least one 24 hour solo, I will just not peak for them. Solstice will of course be the Ontario 24 hour race and their is talk amongst a couple of us to head to the the southern states in the fall to go play at a major 24 hour. It's still talks at this point but my talks on heading to races usually end up happening.

Of course the Mountainview 9 hour will be a highlight for me again next year. I need to win my sandbox title again next season. The return of the Monday Night Something for one race will also be one of the most talked about events, what competitor will we try and take out next year, what schemes will our immature minds come up with? Maybe we will even ride our bikes in between beers.

The 2010 season seems so far away right now but this years list of races looked so long but yet it just flew by. The leaves are changing, the temperature has dropped, summer has still not shown up. Maybe the winter will go by as fast as the summer did. Better yet maybe winter won't show up this year either??

Time to head to work, no apprentice with me today maybe I can stop for a coffee mid day?

No comments: