Friday, April 9, 2010

Digging deep

But yet another day where my butt straddled the couch and not the bike. It's all good but it's still hard to slow down. An hour of bending and stretching to try and keep me gumby like, not helping much though. I'm hoping the massage tonight will help that wonderful hip of mine go closer to it original position.

Step one of my outdoor work is coming to a close, the shop is pretty much done. Some minor trim work to finish, new wood stove inside along with some business type set up things to do. This has been a fun project but I'm glad to see it coming to an end. The next step to the back yard creation will be started soon, limestone screening for the path ways and new sod is on the agenda in the next couple weeks followed by the upper deck/fire pit. Why do I take on such massive projects at this time of the year? When I look at the race schedule now and the fall are the only times I can put some serious time in, soon it will be racing every weekend.

Since I'm digging for words, I'll show a before and after and then call it a day and do what Bob does when he is bored.

Nothing like trying to climb a window to keep you amused


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....nothing says "hick" like a rustic backyard shack with a Fiero parked in the car port.

I say "hick" with every ounce of "I'm glad I don't live in Toronto" pride I can muster.

Us hicks live a pretty good life up here. We all don't have Fiero's though, so that kind of makes you the king of the hicks.

Matt Spak said...

I feel that the shack and fiero completely balance out the 1930's home filled with modern things and the strung out yuppied Audi station wagon very well. I like being a hick.