Friday, April 23, 2010

One of those days

I somehow managed to squeeze a mid week day off, aww those bonus days to get things done that would normally have to wait till the weekend. For some reason though I didn't even get half of my plans accomplished because I was a little more involved with my cycling world than my day to day world.

A venture south to visit the Shake'n'Bake twins at their place of work, also the shop that has been helping me out this season. Go to Bike Stop in Orillia, bring them coffee. The purpose of the trip was to get the final components on the Blue and also attempt to shave a few more grams off it. A couple hours later and a half pound lighter I was making my way back home. I won't describe the comments or antics that happened in the shop.

It was on to training now. For some reason the wind has been crazy the last few days, of course that means not fun going one way and lots of fun the other. Tempo was on the agenda and I must say that these conditions with the wind are the ultimate test for the power tap. With that tail wind there is no dogging it on your intensity. Legs felt pretty good on the road and timed my intervals around my new criterium course along side the highway. I am beginning to love service roads more and more. I kept things close to home because sitting in that home was a very strung out dog. Aww yes the Molly Monster was in need of a good run.

A quick switch of bikes and a quick holler to the dog, a few second later I was trying to keep up with her. Luckily she faded as quick as she started but a good rip around that random single track loop I found last year. This was also a let's make sure the bike is ready before the race ride. After my last experience at the first race this year I won't trust in a clean bike again with out a test ride.

It will be a later than normal post tomorrow, I'm attempting to be on the bike by 7am with somewhere close to a 5 hour ride. Trying to give my legs as much time to recover since Sunday is going to hurt. It always does.

No comments: