Sunday, March 6, 2011

False advertising.

30 pounds, 30 days 340 dollars. I saw this sign yesterday while walking the dogs. 30 pounds of what???? I do according to some live in a special area so this could be open to many different things, some legal, some maybe not so much. The phone number was one of those shady ones and it wasn't a sign that someone in the marketing department spent much time designing. The temptation of calling was there but I figured they were going to tell me that I was fat and I should drop 30 pounds and they could help. How about dropping the tee part?

It's that time of the year when the winter season gets shorter and my waist band is supposed to get narrower. That wonderful off season winter weight that was so fun to put on is always a little more difficult to take off. Of course the increase in training has helped but then there is the drastic change that needs to be done, even if it's for just a short time. I look cookies, cookies like me, cookies and coffee are a great combination, cookies any anything is a great combination. I stopped eating my midweek treat of cookies about 2 weeks ago. The calorie to weight ratio is screwed up and they had to go, for a bit. I eat healthy and with Shannon's help even more so now but man can't live on healthy stuff alone.

Either way as winter comes closer to the end and the season of not wearing 15 pounds of clothing to venture outside is drawing closer the weight has to go. Off season this year saw about 6 pounds of extra fun stuff attached to my body, where I'm not sure but it's slowly going away. I'm sitting about 2 pounds above last seasons race weight right now. It will slowly disappear at about the same rate as the snow is. It's still a little chilly out there, some extra insulation is still needed but the scale is becoming my friend again. I should really call that number though, I'm curious what they recommend, drop 30 pounds. Something tells me they would tell me to cut off my head, it's dead weight most of the time.

I need to eat something. A good day of training to be had today in the short rebirth of winter.

No comments: