Friday, June 15, 2007

Almost there

The weekend is coming. woohoo. No club ride this weekend. I'm going to spend some time on the mountain bike instead before it goes in for prerace service. Its also a crazy weekend for other events. A few have left for Rideau Lakes Tour which I wish I could be at but time conflicts always mess this event up. Its a 360 km road ride over 2 days but its starting in Ottawa. Unfortunatly even as fast as I drive you still need to take the friday and monday off and as much as I'm the boss business still comes before play. Rick and Jenn are riding the event, of course I will hear all about it next weekend.

The next big event in the area is the Muskoka Trialthalon. This is huge with pros coming for this race. I'm headingup on Sunday morning to cheer on the club and get some miles in some new areas. Should be fun. To top it all off the Canada Cup is at Hardwood Hills. So anyone left will be at this event. I would love to be at both events above but getting in my ride is a priority over sitting in the spectators area.

With that means I flip things around. I'm planning on being on the mt bike by no later than 8 tomorrow and be out for 3-3.5 hours. Its supposed to be warm again and I want Molly to be able to run the whole thing so at that time the tempature should be great for her. i'll get a road ride in after that.

I did ride Thursday, just an hour on the road. My normal loop around Midland sith my favorite climb up William street. Its a massage day!!!!! woo hoo so tonight is all about stretching and recovery. One week counting down.

No comments: