Wednesday, June 13, 2007

another night of playing

It was the Hardwood Hills weekly mountain bike race tonight. I got down early enough to have a great warm up ride of an hour. They changed the course tonight and the first 2 km are a lot tougher. Between the extra couple grind climbs and the new soft punky trail it was a great mix.

Like usually there was alot of riders out. Tonight there was 71 and like usual off the start people go to hard to early. Coming into the first single track section i was around 20 to 25 riders back. And like usual I passed a dozen of them after the next big hill. When will they learn. It was crazy hot tonight which I have to admit I like. I felt great during the race. I consistently kept pulling in riders till I got stuck behind 2 riders. Now this was the fun part. A guy from Gears Racing was behind me and we started talking about beer. It was hilarious. After about 2-3 minutes of this in the single track I finally said to the slower riders that we needed to get by.

In all finshed 8th out of 71 riders in a time of 31:45. heartrate was way up there with a spike of 192 and an average of 183. i love this Gamin 305 for training. I can actaully see the spot where I was having the conversation about beer as the heartrate and speed dropped. Total time on the bike was 1 hr 24 minutes.

I'm really happy with my body right now coming into Solstice. The legs feel really strong and are recovering quickly. Why can't the race be this weekend? Matt wants to play!!!!

2 comments:

Elliot Galbraith said...

hey

it is me the hardwood guy that you were behind and then finally passed me near the last couple'a k'. i thought that i should look you up on the net cuz you have a giant jerssy and bike and shammy!!! i was right!!! you are a giant rider person. so i thought it would be cool to comment. so i need some adive. can you tell me HOW to get sponsered??? i really need it because i have close to no money to spend!!! iam not trying to suck up to you or anything but ya.

Elliot Galbraith said...

oops i pressed enter!! so ya i was thinking about your advice on the trail. so wouldn't you lose energy because you were always going at the pedal? maybe not but whatever. i am going to be at the canada cup tommorow so i will be going my hardest and kicking some butt!!! hope you do too.