Tuesday, June 12, 2007

getting there

I know my focus is endurance mountain biking but this time trial thing is fun. The bike is pretty much perfect now its getting used to the geometry differences. I'm still doing some minor tweaks, more in the bar height. With that said hit a new speed tonight at 37.3km/h. With some seat time and a good recovery week I will definatly be scraping the 40 km/h mark. I know the legs were a little weak on the false flat section and getting used to climbing on a TT bike is an art. Standing is not easy as the arm rests are catching my knees. Ya not nice means I have to climb almost bull legged.



Things felt like they were coming together though. Got the new graphics for the bikes in today. This is the reason i went faster. The bike was on fire.


I road home with Mark tonight. Nice guy, a local teacher. He is getting ready to do the Tour for Kids Ride again this year. What an amazing event. Cancer is cruel, I learned this and it must be even harder to deal with when it happens to kids. If you can give a donation to this charity.

Total ride time tonight was 1 hour 36 minutes with an average of 32 km/h. The time trial course is 15.09 km long which was done in 24.12 tonight with an average heartrate of 182 and a peak of 190. Our course is not an easy one. No flats here and crap pavement. Makes you work hard and you can really smoke when your on good roads because of it.

Tomorrow is another day closer to solstice.

No comments: