Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rain Delay

Kinda. There is a severe storm watch right now and I've already heard a round of thunder so i'm doggin it tonight. Its also crazy hot again, I don't mind that but the storm and lighting. Ummm Carbon and rubber don't attract lighting but everything else on the bike does.

The one thing I have learned with all the training and injuries is that taking an extra day off is not going to hurt you. Hell it will be better for you with more recovery time. As long as it isnt happening all the time to take a blah day or in this case a heat/lightning day is a good thing. Maybe I can get the rest of the gear unpacked.

Unfortuantly it looks like I came home with less clothing than I left with. I had a bag setup for dirty gear and it appears to have been picked up by accident as garbage. It happens only once. Unfortunatly it had my favoirte shorts in there along with 2 jerseys, 2 synthic t-shirts and a pair of socks. Shopping time.

Tip of the day Use a clear bag for dirty cycling gear. Its great to keep you bin organized and not re use gear at a race but the mess up of someone mistaking a bag as garbage can get expensive.

No comments: