Thursday, June 7, 2007

Vroom Vroom

Yep thats the sound that I was expecting to hear out of the bike tonight. With the 8 hour race come and gone and recovery time I really haven't had much time to play with the Time Trial bike. Well tonight was the night. I've pretty much got dialled in now. FINALLY!!!


Headed out of town stopping a couple times with some minor tweaks to bar angle and height etc. From there it was out to reeves road. Thought this would be a pretty good run to get some seat time in. I used the ride out as a warm up thinking I would hammer the return trip. Hammer is right. There is a nice little downhill run at the begining of the concesion then gets into a nice level runout with amazing fast pavement. SO the numbers!!! 43.8 km average for 7.5 km. I ran out of gears in a few places. From there just motored around the outskirts of the harbour onto the bike path and back to town. Even with the first 20 minutes of stop and go tuning i still averaged 32 km/h including the stops. Ya the bike is fast.

Total ride time was 1:17, then got into the upper body weights along with an hour of yoga. Total workout time tonight was 2:45. It would be great if I didnt have to work and could just train. hmmm well not fast enough for paid sponserships so maybe it will have to a super 7 lottery ticket!!

It was nice to finally see the speeds that the bike is capable of doing. I definatly need to get a couple 3-4 hour sessions in on this thing.

On another note, a few friends that I have raced with that are semi retired are now checking in on me. Hopefully you guys can get your retired potato chip butts off the couch and start racing again. Just buggin Pierre and Tobin, you guys are part of the reason I do this. Could there be a showdown next season? Summer Solstice run for the podium?

No comments: