Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Man can I be impatient. Why can't it be race day NOW!!! Yep, I still act like a kid sometimes. Got some insight on the course this weekend. One word. FAST!!!! Not alot of climbing and the is a fair bit of double track. The area did get some rain a couple days ago which will help. Albion has lots of pine tree sections that would almost turn to beach sand so rain is our friend. The tempeture is sounding pretty nice also. Highs of 24 lows in around the 11 mark. As bad as it sounds I would rather have it really hot or really cold. I like the crappy elements, makes everyone suffer. No I'm not sadistic I just train in crappy elements so it doesn't bother me.

Rick and Jenn will be here tonight and the plan is to be down at Albion around 2:30 tomorrow. Craig has planned to arrive around the same time. We are sharing a campsite. Chico Racing treats us awesome putting us again in our favorite spot. Setup shouldn't take to long and then its an easy spin preride of the course.

Looks like I will be running the Michelin XCR dry Tubeless. Very fast low rolling resitance tire. I will probably stiffen the rear suspension up for this course also. It's usually a fairly smooth course and a hardtail would almost be the bike of choice. BUT I love my NRS's

Some have asked why tag team. Ummm why not. Actually i would say tag is harder on your body. Solo is your pace, steady riding. Tag is hammer as hard as your can for an hour, recover for and hour then do it again. There is no sleeping in a tag team and food consumption is on par. Basiclly both tag and solo hurt just in different ways. Rick and I joined up as a tag team by messed up luck. The solo event 2 years agp sold out litererly the day we went to register so it we just said why not tag. Signed up that year and what do we know, we're on the podium with a 3rd place.

Craig is still fighting some kind of sickness. Hoping he is feeling better. He has decided to come down to the race regardless. Awwww get enough drugs into him and he won't feel a thing. Listen to me the anti drug guy. No internet down there so it won't be till sunday that i'll have a race review up. Till then

Oh' sorry Jack for stealling more lyrics

No comments: