Monday, June 11, 2007

Some props to my Peeps

That still never sounds right anytime i've ever heard that on t.v. or movie. Anyways, mellow night tonight, weight yoga etc. The normal Monday. I'm feeling pretty good right now and am happy with my strenghts coming into this race. So with no riding tonight I figured it was a good chance to say thank you to most people that help me during the season.

Ok have to start out with Dave. He owns Georgain Cycle and keeps the wheels turning underneath me. He is a former o-cup and canada cup racer in the 90's who slow developed a love for the road. He is the best wrench in the area and a guy that takes pride in his work. He treats me awesome.

My sister Jenn is the biggest reason that I ride, let alone race. She took me to my first 24 hour race and hinted for me to quit smoking and then topped it off buying me a bike the following spring. Can you ask for a better sister? Didn't think so.

My aunt for adding onto the 24 hour support crew. A woman who thought it was crazy how someone could spend a few thousand dollars on a bike a few years ago to being addicted to the sport. She came, she saw, she got hooked. Plus she is the best cook to have in your team pit!!!!

Pierre Perron was the first person I knew to do a 24 hour solo. After watching him I was like. I gotta do that. He has already mentioned that he may come back for one more year of it next year. I wouldn't mind kicking his ass!!! Well atlest trying would be fun.

Rick Clancy my tag team partner. We curse and swear at each other pretty much steady and I think thats what makes us a good team. We know each others limits. Here to a run at the podium again.

Ed Hunt. This is the guy that started it all. And I mean everything. 24 hours of adrenaline this 17 year old kid said he wanted to do the race solo. He did it and it started the whole endurance race scene. Everyone should thank this guy. I get to do it personally since Ed is a friend who lives here in Midland and his gym HUNT FITNESS is a main sponser for the Midland Tri Club.

Everyone from the Midland Tri Club and MountainView Cycling club for all the group rides and off season training. Makes all those long training days alot easier.

The biggest thanks definatly go to my parents. Unfortuantly my father never got a chance to see me race but I think he would love it.

Mom is my biggest supporter. She was the initial reason I rode a bike 30 years ago, got me my first mountain bike 18 years ago and almost has more fun at these races than I do. SHe has been been there since my first 8 hour solo race and has learned about this style racing as much as I have. I never have to think about anything when she is in the pits for me. She also has learned some of those special words to get me back on the bike. I won't write those out since some minors maybe read this!!! I know she was disapointed that she wasn't at the first 8 hour this year but of course I had to call her at the end of the race to let her know.

The number one golden rule for all endurance racers. You are only as good as the people who support you. You cannot do these events on your own so thank your supporters all the time. They are giving up there time for you!!!!

No comments: