Tuesday, June 19, 2007

getting closer

Not much happening on the bike side of things tonight. Did an hour of yoga tonight and thats it. I will barely touch the bike till friday when I pre ride the course.

Now on the otherside of things, I'm already packing and laying out gear. I am way to much of a planner. I need to be orgainzed. Hell I'm already planning out clothing for laps. I went from being a complete slob 10 years ago to now a planning freak. With that said, I've already got both bikes cleaned and tuned. The only decesion is what tires to run. Alot will depend on how much rain we get this week. Its been so dry the last 3 weeks that the course will deteriate very quickly. Not planning on changing tires during the race.

The 24 hour Summer Solstice is now the largest 24 hour race in North America. Roughly 2000 plus racers. That puts alot of people on the trail. Its usually a great course. Adam and Shawn Rupuel put on the best events in Ontario and Shawn's courses are so smooth and flowy that you just want to say "thank you sir, may I have another!" They have called for some rain this week so I haqve my fingers crossed.

So back to my planning issues. I will basiclly be packed and ready for this race tomorrow night. This takes off so much strain that all I have to do Friday morning is pack the car. Now my partner in crime is the complete opposite. Rick has gotten alot better but his time management skills are still on the special side. Craig has learned this. Lucky my sister keeps rick in order when its important. Jenn has the same mindset as me. Good genetics.

No comments: