Thursday, June 28, 2007

close call




Wondering what that it. That is road bike tire skid marks. On my ride tonight I had some moron tow truck driver ran me off the road. Cruising along the 4th line heading toward the beach this clown pulls out to pass a car. Now its one thing to pull out and go around a car but this idiot took his sweet old time and it came into a game of chicken. I was basiclly waving both arms at this guy and he still didn't give a crap so on to the shoulder at 35 plus. So the good new to this. I got the tow truck company name. Can we say 911. Of course they sent an officer to where i was and I filed a report. The only draw back to calling was the time spent waiting on the side of the road waiting. I wanted to get on with my ride.

The tip of the day. Ride with a cell phone.

Besides the little incident which did cut into my ride time it was great to get out on the roads again. No lights not playing on our roads with out them. Still was out for 2:15 and a total of 73km. Heartrate sat in the cruise range with an average of 151. The legs felt prett fresh but I do have on big know in my right hamstring. The low back and glutes etc are still a bit stiff from the race. This is normal for me though. Stupid butt muscles.

Its Canada Day long weekend which means lots of play times. Saturday is going to be a 6-7 hour ride. I've opted to ride alone this saturday instead of with the club. The funny thing is they have a very similiar route planned to what I'm doing. Have to wave as I go by.

No comments: