Sunday, June 3, 2007

Put a smile on your face

Yep stealing song lyrics again. Sorry Coldplay, please don't sue!!! A much much better day. I still kept the mileage and pace a bit lower after the crap ride yesterday. I still make some mistakes with my training. Hopefully some of you learn from it and don't repeat .

Today was going to be a fun ride. Just something to get me happy. The mountain bike does that for me. Loaded up the car with the bike, dog and gear and we were off to Tom's forest.


No real set plan for training, just playing. 2 hours later I was feeling great. Now Molly on the other hand was ready to call it a day. It was really hot in the bush today and she wasn't her bouncy self. This picture was taken at around the half way point of our ride. Happier than a pig in $hit.



I had fun also. Had some Rise Against riping on the MP3 player. Great music for cutting up single track. Fast and agressive beats, makes you want to go faster. I still did keep myself at a sane pace. Average heartrate was only 134 with a max of 170. In otherwords there was no gasping for air this ride. There are only a few big climbs there but its such a fun fast, flowy trail system.


Tom's was really really busy today. I thiink that everyone and their grandmother has found out about it. Hopefully the trails hold up. At the end of the ride this thing was parked at the trail head. I really want one of these things. Gotta love the old vw bus.


Its a rest day tomorrow which means upper body weights and yoga.

No comments: