Saturday, August 14, 2010

I have a problem

I'm the first to say that I'm weak. Not all the time but just sometimes. I intentionally avoid seeing them so I don't fall prey to needing them. The sign's are everywhere though.

It's sometimes impossible to not have the craving, especially when it's a sunny day. Yes I have a weakness for sunglasses. Women have their shoe fetish, me it's been glasses. Luckily I don't need to wear my prescription eye glasses more otherwise I'd probably have twenty pairs of different frames.

Now the bigger problem, if you can call it that is that I'm addicted to Oakley glasses. Why? Who knows but it started at a young age. It's pretty much all I've been wearing since I started wearing sunglasses. Started out with the Razor Blades. Still remember my parents freaking out when I came home with them. It was something along the lines of "you paid how much!!! You're bringing them back right now" Of course I didn't and it all went downhill from there. A couple different M-frame's came next along with goggles for skiing. Minutes followed.

As I have gotten older the addiction has increased a little with the ability to have less guilt when purchasing a new pair. Does that come with maturity? Nope just a larger bank account. So with multiple pairs of half jackets, 5's squared, custom square wire prescription, and racing jackets I've caved yet again. I'm actually a little proud of myself that I lasted this long with out getting them. I looked at them enough online and saw many at races wearing them, even got to the point of trying them on. Well these are on their way now.

Would have loved to have had them for today's 9 hour but I guess I'll have to suffer with the racing jackets for the time being.

Looking like better weather than predicted, rain is supposed to hold off till the end of the day. It's going to be hot, I like hot. Right now I'm liking my coffee, oh sweet coffee. Race report tomorrow.

No comments: