Thursday, August 19, 2010

I thought the summer was busy

I'm staring blankly at my computer screen yet again this morning, the only problem is that screen seems to be a little harder to fill today. The first cup of coffee has been poured, the smell is in the air. That cool crisp air of, I won't say it but we know what is on it's way. I could feel it yesterday while riding, afterwards when I took the dog for a walk, at night as I slept.

Maybe it's because it's been such a hot summer that it just feels fallish when the temperature drops a little. Maybe it's because I'm a skinny frail guy and found myself wearing a sweatshirt when it says it's 24. It has been a great year this year for heat, the break in it though is very much enjoyed while training. Last night's stand up sit down fight fight fight intervals would have hurt more had it been any warmer.

The look into the fall though looks to potentially as busy as the summer for thrills and possible spills in the line of racing. Lot's of cross races, the Hardwood Ski and Bike mid week race series under the lights is back again, I'll be there more this year, it was fun. Of course there will be other random cross races. There is also a Substance Project MTB festival that could be a road trip for. Then there is the Anti Race which will pretty much be the greatest day of riding all year with the next day of death 100% guaranteed. It's all worth it though. None of these things will be Incorporated into training, just fun.

The fall is looking like it's going to be a great time, hoping for a great one. I'm looking forward to skiing just not yet.

No comments: