Monday, August 23, 2010

No, I didn't race, I didn't even go

As I moved slowly again yesterday morning it was all with a pleasant enjoyment that I wasn't loading up a car and travelling. Did enough of that the previous day. Of course the pouring rain didn't exactly make me feel guilty for not racing provincials this weekend. I am a little disappointed that I didn't get to race someplace new, like Mountainview there is only limited time access to these trails. Maybe next year.

I've always said that Ontario Cup races are for training only and that I also only do them when then jive with what I'm supposed to be doing at that time. I do have fun with them but I do keep them in check, I'm an endurance focused racer. I had a different focus for this weekend that did not include racing.

Unfortunately it did find me indoors, on the rollers, watching a movie, dry. Yep, I couldn't persuade myself to ride outdoors, everytime I started to make my way in that direction a wall of rain appeared. I'm hoping that the rain was only focused at my house and that provincials was all rainbows and butterflies. Part of my age was showing yesterday, I still had a bit of a hangover. 2 Days, that's not right. You would think that with age the body would be more efficient at this point of flushing alcohol out of the system. I guess that's one of the first things that goes when you're out of your 20's.

The plans for the next month are all coming together quickly, more details were finalized yesterday. Probably post the full run down of my plans this week, when I got nothing else to write.

No comments: