Sunday, March 7, 2010

More miles to go

Coming up to the end of a training block and my legs, body, actually everything is telling me that the rest week will be well needed. Yesterdays' adventures had me out with 6 long tempo intervals. Near the end I was feeling it as I turned into the wind. a solid 3.5 hours on the bike. The sun was warm but the steady wind did keep things from feeling to tropical.

The rest week couldn't be coming at a better time. The count down is on for Mom's big move. This also includes moving the office/company which just adds to the challenge. Spent a couple hours yesterday in the new shop along with helping over at Mom's place. It's going to be a major change. Actually it will be weird not walking into my Father's house every morning for work.
There will be lots to do over the next week so having a low key time from training will be a good thing.

Of course I can't have the down time with out the hard work, I'm just waiting for the coffee pot to be down to an acceptable level to be left alone then it's off for a very vertically challenging ride. The wind is already visible but it seems to disappear when you are going up hill.

Looking at that sun, it's looking like another great day in southern Ontario. More tomorrow

No comments: