Monday, March 15, 2010

So much going on

I dragged myself out of bed again today, it will take a few days for me to adjust. The problem of being an early riser, when early becomes earlier it really hurts. Does this mean more coffee?

After taking the Molly Monster for a long walk it was a pretty easy decision that it would be an indoor day. A stop at the local amusement store (convenience store) for a few movies that will easy the pain and I was ready to hunker down.

5 bottles, 3 movies, 3 cliff bars, 2 bikes, 1 computer. Do you think I'll be distracted long enough to stay. The plan was to switch from wattage trainer to rollers every hour. Why, variety, man needs variety in his life right?? Ok simple answer, it would give me something to look forward to every hour. It was a intensity work out zone 1/2 so basically turning my feet in some way or another. One of the other reasons for the switch between training tools, the wattage trainer lets you know exactly how hard you are working and when you know what numbers you should be at your guilty side kicks in if you slack off. Ok, maybe that's just me. Stayed right at the bottom of zone 2 at 260 watts. 59:59 CHANGE!!!!!

An hour later it was back to the vomit machine that was not making me vomit. I was already into movie two. The problem with the placement of the trainer is the window. My line of sight, it didn't look that bad out now. HMMM. at the 2.5 hour mark I was in the basement changing, filling bottles and pulling the TCR off the wall. No route just pedalled. The wind was there, that played into my direction. I left going into it and an hour later really enjoyed that tail wind with the cool down.

Spring is here, Georgian Bay is already breaking up with lots of open water already. The snow is going extremely quickly in my area and this just happens to be the snowbelt so I imagine places south are already clear.

As for the other things going on. Well it's Mom's moving day. I think I'll save that for tomorrow. It will be a little emotional saying goodbye to the family home. I know it's for the better, easier house for her to upkeep, a block away from my house, etc etc.

Maybe the weather is clearing today for a reason.

No comments: